Friday, September 17, 2010

He Just Doesn't Get It

It's been a while, and my only excuse is that one computer is just so slow and the other's internet stopped working all of a sudden. You thought I had bad luck in the guy department...you don't even want to know about my tumultuous relationship with technology! Anyway, of course I had many thoughts of things to post over the last month and now forgot some of them. I have to say I have been hearing about many girls writing blogs along the same theme as this (obv with less quality names for their blogs) and now I feel like just another girl who blogs about dates. I have heard some of the others get criticized for trying to be like Carrie from Sex and the City or for writing in a way that is what they think people want to read. I hope I do not fall into this category and I think at least with my style, that's impossible (especially if you know me).

This post is about one of our classic faves: smelly lip (the one who shoved his tongue down my throat after the first dinner date and whose lip smelled like something horrible.) If you remember, the nice girl that I am gave a second chance, hoping it was a hot day or something, but alas, the problem persisted. I told him the usual, "I think we should just be friends" and he was obviously left confused.

I believe I wrote a post about him this summer because he messaged me out of nowhere to hang out and catch up. Seeing as though I had no plans, I thought, why not? Unfortunately, he tried to suck me into a day long date, which was hard to deny once I was already there and clearly had nothing planned the rest of the day.

Meanwhile, I thought I did my good deed and would not have to really see him anytime soon after. BUT, here he is again! It is just awkward because for all intents and purposes fro yo, coffee, drinks, a museum, are all dates. I know he would have wanted to continue seeing me if I hadn't ended it, so I know he's looking for more, which just puts me in such an uncomfortable spot. I do not want to go because #1 it is basically a date, #2 I apparently give off the wrong impression and am naturally flirty, #3 because of my natural tendencies to flirt I have to be extra careful to not flirt or give any false hopes and that just makes me act awkward and so un-fun.

The question is, what do I tell him? If I say I am not interested, it is kind of mean and tricky because he may then say "Oh, I meant as friends." If I say I am busy, that's obv not true because I could meet once in the next month, no one is thatttt busy. If I say I am dating someone, well that's just not true (so sad, so sad) and I'd rather not lie. I may go with I am dating someone and do not feel totally comfortable getting drinks. But, then I am lying, which is not the goal when I am atoning for my sins tomorrow and trying to start a pure new year. I could just ignore it/forget about it, but that's mean. It's already been days with no response... time is ticking.

I know most of you do not comment, but please give me your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if your inability to conquer technology and the dating world are directly related? I suspect they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think they might be. who can forget the infamous relationship with dan the dell man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you want to be his friend?? If not, just tell him you aren't interested. If so, let him know it is strictly a friend date. You don't want to risk his smelly lip in your face again... Right??

    ReplyDelete