Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Silly Boys...Word to the Wise

I was recently talking to a newly recruited Venus reader and she told me that I should write a post about how stupid guys are and not just the one she is currently seeing. Apparently when her brother talks about girls he says ridiculous things and needs help understanding the female species as well.

While I do not have specifics of what she meant, I did leave the convo with yet another girl wanting a guy to take charge and be creative and fun. While staying in and watching tv is fine and sometimes cute for cuddling purposes, we want excitement and adventure. We want someone to do those cutesy things with that couples often do. I have given recommendations for good dates in the past, but we have yet another cry for creativity and excitement.

To be honest, this would be appreciated forever, but especially at the start of a relationship. If all you do is sit home and watch tv together now, what will the next year or more be like? I personally would love a guy who has a taste for new experiences and adventures and is proactive/assertive about doing them. I may not be the most sporadic or daring girl, but I do like that stuff and just need/want a little push. I want someone who suggests doing something out of the ordinary that truly ends up being fun. I find people do not take advantage of their cities or the outdoors enough (myself included) and there really are many fun, interesting, and new things to do. For those who don't have ideas or feel sort of bored, I say get outside! The weather is warm now and there is much to do outdoors, no matter the city. I'd love to go hiking, camping (which would def have to come later in a relationship), wine tasting or go to a vineyard, cooking/cooking class, bike riding (which my friend just did in NY and loved), paddle boating, picnic-ing, play basketball, etc. The list could probably go on, but those are a few to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment