Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awkward Encounter

I am shocked that some people read this without me sending them the link and telling them to do so. To those loyal readers out there: thank you and muchos besos (many kisses).

Okay so I mentioned meeting a guy out I believe who that evening I definitely enjoyed. I do not remember if I mentioned his physique, but in case I didn't his nickname is "muscle man." So he did call and asked me for a date. This is the one that I complained about because he called with no plan and the end result was a little vague. I ended up texting with a recommendation for a place that is closer to me and then he wrote back "sounds great, dinner at 7?" Now we're having dinner? Before it was drinks, but I am obv okay with dinner. Then I was nervous, was it too nice? I didn't recommend it for dinner, my rec was for drinks then he goes and changes everything. In my text I had said, "check it out let me know" so if it was too nice, that's his problem was my thinking.

Last night, by the way, my friend asked how the date was and if there was any smooching. He was then like, well obviously there was because you are you. BUT, this time it was not the normal smooch...

So we get to the restaurant around the same time (I actually was a block in front of him walking, which was sorta awkward), go to say hello with a kiss on the cheek, and SOMEHOW SOMEWAY ended up meeting lips to lips. Yep, that's right, kissed on the lips hello as if we were a couple or had gone out on several dates. Meanwhile, this was technically date number one. I was DYING. I have no clue how it happened and it had to have been somewhat mutual because I didn't aim for them as my goal, right? I am so scared he thinks I was the one that went in for a kiss on the lips! It was so awkward and we did not mention it or laugh about it. Once I had a guy do that to me after only one drunk makeout and I was so weirded out. I am sorry, but that is just not normal.

I guess it didn't deter him from liking me because he tried to meet up last night, but still. So awkward. To add, we didn't even kiss goodbye! We kissed on the cheek goodbye. I made sure of it that time.

All in all the date was fine. Nothing amazing, nothing horrible. I think I am just not so into him.

1 comment:

  1. freud would say that you really did want to kiss him from the get go...that and that you are in love with your mom (get it, b/c it's freud)...i crack myself up...

    ReplyDelete