I recently went on a first date with someone and unfortunately for him, it would be the last date. When being set up with this person I obv saw some preliminary pics and thought I liked what I saw. He had potential. Well, as usual, shorter than expected and didn't exactly look like his picture. He was younger and was definitely of a younger mindset...aka mentioned getting drunk every night. Anyway, as always I made the best of it and was chatting it up, despite seeing hot guys on my way to the date and during the date and wishing they were the ones with whom I was dining. So, we walked to the metro together and got on together, which was slightly awkward, though, less awkward than having to wait on opposite sides of the track (maybe? maybe I would have preferred that? still unsure) So he gets off the metro and before getting off asked if I had fun, which was just weird and he got kinda awkward, which made me feel weird, especially because I knew he had no chance. I said "yeahhh," but wasn't very convincing.
Meanwhile he texted and imed (both of which I didn't respond to) and then called when he got back from out of town. I ignored it thinking it was one date and I'm not going to call back to say I don't like him. So thennn he texted saying "so I'm getting the silent treatmen...no fun =( " which to me says he asked for the truth and isn't getting the hints. So I said "sorry, but I don't think it's gonna work out." He said" that's too bad you feel that way already, I thougth we had some good conversations"
MEANWHILE..during those conversations he was STARING at my boobs and wrists/jewelry anddd looked at his watch numerous times. He even asked about my "bling." It was so weird and uncomfortable. These are three things to definitely NOT look at while on a date.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As usual, i disagree with you...while it was/is weird for him to stare at your wrists, it is perfectly normal for a guy to check out a girls chest...we are guys, it's what we do. Honestly, when you buy outfits that are low cut do you do it b/c you want someone to look you in the eyes? I mean girls think "hey this shirt makes my boobs look good." guys think "bonus, the girl is wearing a low cut shirt b/c she really wants guys to check her out but then she gets pissed if we are caught staring."
ReplyDeleteFair is fair...if you're going to wear something sexy, be prepared for guys to stare.
As for the txting,imming, and calling. I think 1 is enough. if the girl wants to respond...she will...so i agree with you on that front...granted my future mrs. blew me off and i kept at it...so who knows.
As usual you make assumptions about myself and girls. Yes, we buy low cut shirts, but those are for different purposes or venues. On a first date I do not wear low cut shirts or something very attention grabbing/slutty thank you very much. It was definitely not sexy. It was cute. Proof: the brand of the tank top was Anne Taylor Loft...aka NOT sexy.
ReplyDeleteIn addition, if you're gonna glance at the goods do it while she can't see you doing it and do it once. Do not just stare while you're sitting opposite of her.
Ms. Venus...I hate to say this...i really do, but you do not know the male species very well...on opinions of girls and how they view what guys do/act, you are top notch...on guys...eh. A girl doesn't have to necessarily (did i spell that right) wear a low cut shirt, it could be tight, same results, with less skin.
ReplyDeleteAs for Anne Taylor Loft...the majority of men are not rupaul...we have no idea what that store sells nor if its sexy or not.
As far as talking to your chest...look, i admit, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, i mean he clearly wasn't slick about his glances...
Or you could think positive...maybe he just has a lazy eye...i know plenty of people with that problem and that shit drives me crazy...he could have been looking lovingly into your eyes and you mistook it for him staring at your chest...just saying!