Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Pressure Is On

As many family and friends are beginning to settle down with wedding engagements or show off serious significant others at family gatherings, I still remain single. While there's nothing wrong with that, I keep getting asked, "when am I gonna have someone to bring home?" or "Why do you not have a boyfriend?" I think I have come to the conclusion I hate these questions, especially because there's no answer other than the one I give: "I don't knowwwww" with a half smile while I'm really thinking, "but thanks sooo much for reminding me." Last night at a family friend's house someone (who shall remain nameless) asked me just that. "So when are you going to have a boyfriend?" and then when I said the standard answer, this person was like, "well I'm not worried about you." I feel like you obviously are if you're asking, which then makes me slightly worried. Then I think about most of my good friends who are pretty and smart and they are single as well, which makes me feel somewhat better. I mean, we can't all be dying alone, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment