Monday, November 2, 2009

Get a Clue Honey

This post is inspired by the poor guy who just doesn't get it. Now, obv there is a real person behind this post (actually there's more than one), but this goes out to all of you guys and or girls who just do not get when to give up and stop trying. Here are some general tips to follow so you can avoid seeming pathetically clueless.

If someone likes you, whether girl or guy, it WILL happen. If you ask someone out and that person does in fact like you he/she will make every effort to see you or will at least propose another day that works so that you can reschedule. If you are getting responses like "sorry can't" or some excuse, chances are she's just not that into you. If you continue to propose dates and they are weeks after you met the girl, chances are you've missed your window of opportunity. You neeeeeed to get a clue if it's weeks after you met, haven't seen each other since, and are continuing to get turned down on your dinner offers. If she's into you, she'll write back with ideas of when and how to get together and she will want to get together. It gets annoying after a while if the guy just doesn't get the hints. How many times to you have to say "no, sorry can't"? Honestly. I am trying to be nice here, but soon I feel like you have to say (in the words of my good friend) BACKOFF buddy. Get the hint and move on.

If you text a girl, what are you up to tonight?  or where are you? clearly showing you want to meet up and she doesn't write back... it's for a reason. She doesn't really care if she sees you.

If a girl is not being so responsive online, maybe she's just not an online person, but maybe she's just talking to you because she feels bad and can't really ignore you.

I say grow up, call a girl for a date, give it two tries or so and after that, move on. I still am not a fan of being asked out through text or via online. How do I know if I can even talk to you if you never call? How do I get to know you as a person if all I know is if you like to use emoticons or not? I seem to attract gchat lovers and granted so am I, but I don't want virtual relationships. I'm SOO over them.

Ha .... I should make a shirt that instead of Virginia is for lovers says Gchat is for lovers, either that or Gchat is for p*ssys.  I apologize for the inappropriate language. Do we think this could sell? I know someone who'd DEF buy it (the first one that is). Can you guess who you are???

5 comments:

  1. If it is so P*ssy to use gchat, what are your thoughts about online dating sites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo a new comentator. Love it. I am so pissed...just wrote a great response and somehow lost it. Anyway, funny you mention that because there will be a post on online dating shortly, however, I am still brainstorming some opinions on it. So, be on the lookout for that. For now though, I will say there's DEF a difference between finding someone through an online website to date and only communicating with someone through an online venue once you've met them. Do not get me wrong, I love gchat and am slightly addicted, but if someone is trying to be my boyfriend or date me seriously I need some voice to voice communication. Gchatting while at work or while busy is one thing, but that cannot be the ONLY means of communication. You have to be able to hold a real convo (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you're asking a girl out, it's better to use open-ended questions. "Hey, let's doing something this week, what day works best for you" that's how i roll, at least until i'm on lockdown starting this friday (i'm fairly certain this post will get me in trouble...well worth it for my own amusement though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean you're promoting asking out through text or call? or either? I feel like that sounds more like a text to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. me? i think it depends on how you met the girl. If it was on Jdate, and we chatted online we set a date but i'd always call the date before to confirm. Like i said in another comment, whatever gets the girl to the date is what works for the guy.

    ReplyDelete