Okay, I apologize for the slight hiatus that occurred last week. Get excited though because I am back and inspired by the fact that word is spreading about Venus. I was at a pre-party on Halloween weekend and actually happened to see Sincerely Venus up on a friend's computer! While it does put the pressure on me and makes me a little embarassed to talk about my dating blog or whatever you want to call it, I'll take readers when I can get them.
So, since I have no internal monologue and this is my new outlet... sidenote: Miley "Party in the USA" is amazing and so are baked cheetos. I tell myself I won't buy them again and then every so often I do it and really regret it when the bag is gone within days.
This post is about the good old switcheroo, which I believe was coined in a Seinfeld episode. A friend of mine (and I swear it really isn't me) recently hooked up with a guy. The usual story blah blah blah, however, the guy has a roommate who also caught her eye. The roommate was very flirty with her that night too and appeared interested. It is quite the tangled little triangle web of lust. So, my friend was inquiring about when to friend on facebook and which one, or both. I am not into the whole friending thing and do not think that's her biggest problem here or the important part of the story/analysis. She decided that she is not into the one she hooked up with and wants the roommate, so what is one to do in this situation? How do you make that switch? Is it even possible?
I think some time definitely needs to pass before that can happen, but I wonder if it can. Is it being a disloyal friend to hook up with a girl that your friend recently hooked up with, even if it only happened once? I mean there is not so much history there, but it definitely would kinda suck for the friend, especially if it's a roommate and he'd have to witness the switch and wake up to it. I think it would definitely be an awkward situation and not one in which I would want to be in. But, you can't help who you like and who you don't like. Please feel free to comment with a worthwhile response.
No comments:
Post a Comment