I have had a couple different discussions with friends (mostly guys) about the gym and picking up girls in this lovely sweaty establishment. I have also had discussions with my girl friends about how they feel about this. Just putting this out there I have no set answers on what is acceptable in this case or what to do because I am just not sure.
I personally, have no problem with a guy approaching me if he's cute and has an intelligent or funny line. Honestly, if you're cute and/or at least confident you can approach someone anywhere. Though, warning a girlfriend of mine said "NO, I do not want to talk to a guy in the gym, where I look disgusting and am sweaty, etc." I figure if he's coming up to you he obv doesn't think that. Many guys think it's hot. So to sum, I say do it.
The next question is how???? This is the harder one because I never know what is best to say. I think the best way though to strike up convo with a stranger at the gym is if you become a regular in the same class. Then you can start with some form of a question. For example: Do you go to this class a lot? Is this instructor good? Does he/she teach other classes? Do you go to any other good classes? ... Then you can lead into what's your name.. or I'm _______, what's your name? Then take it into a convo. If it's just a hot girl on a treadmill I have NO CLUE how to start up a convo. Anyone have any good ideas? Has anyone done this before with success?
Girls out there: would you mind getting approached in the gym? How would you want to be approached? What do you think the best way is?
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment