Friday, October 23, 2009

Fizzla

I am SO excited to announce that we have made it to twenty followers! Not sure when, how, or who, but I am so pleased. It's like whenever I am feeling uninspired and like no one out there is listening (or reading in this case) my readers pick me back up and keep me going with a surprise comment from an unknown source or a new follower. It feels great, especially after a rough day.

So this post is titled FIZZLA my new street name for my favorite way to end things. If you are in a situation where you think you'd rather be friends (which 98% happens to me) due to a variety of reasons, superficial or not, I say, LET IT FIZZLE. This is the best way to go because it allows you to remain friends and eliminates any reasons for lingering harsh feelings. In addition, it usually leaves the other person still feeling those sentiments of attraction, so you (the person doing the fizzling) still reap benefits of being liked. Does this sound selfish? I hope not.

The ONLY prob is letting something fizzle is not easy. It is difficult to make something go from romantic to friendship status without discussing the reasoning behind the change up and without leaving someone hurt. I thinkkkk I am currently in the process of fizzling something out. The reason a fizzle is great is because I think the guy is really cool, I am going to be seeing him in the future for other reasons, and he is a great contact to have. I do not want to do anything to jeopardize a possible friendship down the road and do not want to really tell him flat out it's not gonna work out, especially because I am not sure (though I doubt it). SO I am taking a step back, not really seeing him, saying no to invites, but still maintaining contact. I am not leading him on really because I am not IMing him, I just happen to respond when he gchats me. I happen to be great online so I've been chatting with him and keeping up the relationship. However, the more time that passes, the less romantic it will be and the more he will understand it's probably going nowhere and he should stop trying.

The other benefit is, if down the road you are tempted to start things up again, I think those feelings are still there and you could prob re-seize that opportunity.

I did this to one guy because I tried dating him twice (I was able to go back since the first time just fizzled) and it just wasn't so thrilling, but he was nice, smart, and interesting. We remained gchat buddies and would chat every so often and still bump into each other every now and then and it's pretty much fine. However, he no longer is on my gchat so I THINKKK he blocked me hahaha. Maybe not quite the success story, but I think things are okay with us?

OH another example...one of my best friends today. I fizzled him out (well we kinda let it fizzle together) and managed to be friends because it didn't end for any particular reason and there were no harsh residual feelings. We liked each other as people, but it just didn't work so well for us as more than friends.

Anyone have any opinions? I feel like this coullddddd stir up a variety of opinions. Has anyone been fizzled? Does anyone have tips for fizzling?

1 comment: