Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Questions for Mars

Okay so I have a couple dates lined up somehow, someway and have some questions for you guys out there.

1- On a first date, if a girl wears heels, make-up, maybe a slightly hot top does it look like she's trying too hard? If you think she's trying to impress, is that a bad thing? What is your opinion of a girl dolled up for a first date? Do you like that she's dressing up/getting nice? Do you even notice/care? I know some of my guy friends definitely notice, some don't, and then some just do not really care.

2- If you go on a first date, it goes well (so you think), you call her for a second date, but she's not into it, what would you like her to do? Do you think it's rude to just not call back? If you do think it's rude, when she calls back to say she's not so into it, what would you want her to say to you that isn't awkward or mean? I usually am truthful and say I'm just not feeling the sparks or something and most guys seem to appreciate it. One of my friends just never calls them back, which I feel bad doing. My guy friend thinks it's SO rude to not call back the guy, but, then, why is it okay for a guy not to call the girl for a second date if he's not interested?

3- What would you want a girl to do if you asked her out and she thinks she's not sooo into you, but thinks you're nice and fun and there MAY be a chance? Would you want her to say yes or no? I said yes to the haunted forest guy today because I think it sounds fun and I have no reason not to go. Is that bad of me? Do you think I am leading him on? I am not positive I don't like him, just don't know him well and he's not the type of guy that I am normally attracted to.

5 comments:

  1. 1 - Guys notice, but for the most part don't care. As long as you don't look weird, you should be fine.

    2 - I HATE when a girl doesn't call back; it is much nicer just to say something general like "I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now", and he should get the point. On guys not calling if they don't want a second date, total double standard, but that's just the way it is. Remember, you could always call him!!!

    3 - Well, if you think there might be a chance you could like him, no reason not to go on the date and see what happens. Worst case, the date confirms you aren't that into him and you lost 2 - 4 hours of your life but might've gotten a free meal or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I think this depends a bit on the type of date. If I were you, I wouldn't go with the heels, makeup, "hot top" combination to go to the haunted forest, but to a classy dinner at Per Se? Sure, go all out. As far as caring how a girl looks, I want her to be impressive. If I don't know her too well, I'm judging her the second the steps out the door.

    2. Simply not returning a phone call does get the point across, but isn't that respectful. I'd like to hear a dose of honesty. Yeah, it sucks a bit to be rejected at first, but you can't blame the girl for being upfront. On the subject of it being ok for a guy not to call a girl for a second date, I think if he doesn't want it, he doesn't need to call her. If the only purpose of his call is to say "I'm not interested," it might feel like rubbing it in her face a bit.

    3. If you don't know him that well, then he doesn't know you that well. He's probably testing the waters just like you. I say definitely give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I definitely notice what girls where on dates...then again, i have a really good memory, so it is important to me. I'm with scott though, it totally depends on the date. Drinks at a dart bar means the girl knows she'll be standing so don't wear heels that hurt your feet. I think you need to dress for the date.

    2. I would much rather the girl not call. I'll go even one step further, if i call and you aren't interested, you don't even have to pick up the phone. Let it go to voicemail. It's no biggie to me. If i'm not interested in a girl, i didn't call them, so why should i care if i got a call back.

    3. I think you definitely need to go on a second date if you are unsure. Scott's right again, it's only a little bit of your time. But i don't think you even need to spend 2-4 hours with the guy. If you aren't having a good time. Simply say you aren't feeling well after about 30 minutes/1 hr and then (step 2) when he calls again.

    3a. I hope your haunted house guy doesn't know about this blog b/c then he's going into the date with low self esteem knowing you might not be into him....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post Venus. So here is some advice for guys that I have learned over the time.
    1) Play with her a little. So if you invited her up to your place and she has said yes than you know she is interested/horny. So when you get upstairs dont just go straight for the hooking up. Show her around a little, get some alcohol flowing, make her guess what is going to happen next. Dont bore her and allow her to think that maybe you are into guys or dont like her but mess with her.
    2) Always be closing. Girls say they like cuddling and kissing only on the first date but they all want the feeling of turning you down. Dont be some sketchy dude who pressures her but keep going to the next step. And hell the worse you have to lose is maybe you sleep with her. In any case it makes the girl feel that she is determining what happens next and doesn't make her think you are not interested.
    3) Get out of there as quick as you can the next morning, if you are sleeping at her place. Hooking up in the morning is usually not that good at the beginning. The girl is so self conscious because the lights are on, both people smell bad, someone may have to take a poop. So just get out of there in a nice way. Also then the girl will want to hang out again, will feel a little self conscious because you didn't stay longer, and wont be able to tell her friends the next day that you just didn't leave. If you both are sleeping at the guy's place than I love the pancake suggestion. I have to admit I've never tried it and it seems like more work than saying that you have to meet a relative or friend for brunch, but it is hilarious.
    4) Play some music when you guys are sleeping. She might snore or be a loud sleeper, you may have to fart or whatever else so drown it out.

    keep up the good stuff venus

    ReplyDelete
  5. hola - thanks for the great comments! Love your dedication and quality. I have to say I don't think I enjoy calling the shots and would definitely be happy if the guy just made out and that's all he even tried for. I wouldn't assume that he didn't like me if that's all he tried. I'd actually think he was respectful and nice. Even if I wanted to I don't want to do it the first date. Been there, done that. I just think it never works out well. I agree about your morning descriptions it's just not as hot in the AM with all those unpleasant factors involved. The deodorant TOTALLY needs reapplication.

    ReplyDelete